Let Property Insurance

Protect My Let

As a property owner, insurance policies need to be flexible enough to suit your unique needs. At Protect My Let, part of Aston Lark, we use years of experience and our relationships with the UK’s leading insurers to give you truly bespoke cover, protecting you, your properties and your tenants.

Our policies

We can help you obtain insurance for residential and commercial property, large property portfolios, blocks of flats, residential associations or managing agents.

If you would like to get in touch, please visit our website or give us a call on:

01206 655 899

The type and extent of cover alters for every client, but typically could include:
  • Building insurance – protecting your asset against disasters such as storms, floods and fires
  • Contents insurance – protecting your furnishings against damage which is important for those letting property fully furnished
  • Liability insurance – protecting against damage or injury suffered by a tenant or visitor as a result of a fault in your property
  • Legal Expenses – protecting you against legal disputes for you and your property
  • Rent Guarantee – protecting your rental income if your tenant stops paying the rent due but refuses to leave
  • Loss of rent – protecting your rental income if the residence is uninhabitable following a valid claim
  • Employment Practice Liability – protecting you against damage or injury suffered by an employee as a result of a fault in your property

Frequently Asked Questions

Yes. Just because you may not own the freehold of the buildings doesn’t mean you don’t need landlord insurance. Check with your freeholder that the buildings are covered as sometimes you may be required to insure the buildings. Even if not, if you have provided any contents or furnishings, you should ensure that these are covered against damage and that your potential liability involved with letting the property is protected. In addition you may want to consider legal expenses insurance in case your tenant gets into arrears, or if they are in breach of the tenancy agreement.

Usually, yes. You should always check your insurance policy if your property becomes unoccupied, for example if a tenant leaves and it is a while before you can find new ones (usually more than 30 days) or if you are undertaking any renovations or improvements. Your insurance provider will make you aware of any restrictions to cover that may apply or any changes to terms.

No – Protect My Let can cover commercial units and mixed-use properties on a commercial property scheme. Please let us know some details and we can get a quote for these as well.

Aston Lark....For the exceptional