Let Property Insurance

Protect My Let logo

Protect My Let

We go off-script to get you better insurance

Here at Protect My Let, part of Aston Lark, we’re not interested in giving you an automated off-the-shelf quote or fobbing you off with a chatbot. We’re here for one purpose and one purpose only: to find you landlord insurance that’s built for your exact needs, by talking to you personally.

Our cover

Whether you’re a single or multi-property landlord, we understand that no landlord is the same, so there’s no one-size-fits-all policy. We offer standard cover for your let property as well as a policy with exclusive features for Protect My Let clients.

If you would like to get in touch, please visit our website or give us a call on:

01206 655 899

The type and extent of cover alters for every client, but typically could include:
  • Building insurance – protecting your asset against disasters such as storms, floods and fires
  • Contents insurance – protecting your furnishings against damage which is important for those letting property fully furnished
  • Liability insurance – protecting against damage or injury suffered by a tenant or visitor as a result of a fault in your property
  • Legal Expenses – protecting you against legal disputes for you and your property
  • Rent Guarantee – protecting your rental income if your tenant stops paying the rent due but refuses to leave
  • Loss of rent – protecting your rental income if the residence is uninhabitable following a valid claim
  • Employment Practice Liability – protecting you against damage or injury suffered by an employee as a result of a fault in your property

Frequently Asked Questions

I don't own the buildings. Do I still need landlord insurance?

Yes. Just because you may not own the freehold of the buildings doesn’t mean you don’t need landlord insurance. Check with your freeholder that the buildings are covered as sometimes you may be required to insure the buildings. Even if not, if you have provided any contents or furnishings, you should ensure that these are covered against damage and that your potential liability involved with letting the property is protected. In addition you may want to consider legal expenses insurance in case your tenant gets into arrears, or if they are in breach of the tenancy agreement.

My property is now unoccupied. Am I still covered on my landlord insurance?

Usually, yes. You should always check your insurance policy if your property becomes unoccupied, for example if a tenant leaves and it is a while before you can find new ones (usually more than 30 days) or if you are undertaking any renovations or improvements. Your insurance provider will make you aware of any restrictions to cover that may apply or any changes to terms.

I also own commercial premises. Do you only cover residential properties?

No – Protect My Let can cover commercial units and mixed-use properties on a commercial property scheme. Please let us know some details and we can get a quote for these as well.

Related Content

Aston Lark….For the exceptional