Winter sports carry a much higher risk of injury, so it is important that you choose the right level of cover. Winter sports is usually an optional extra and some standard policies only allow 10 days of travel.
It is important that you always adhere to the International Ski Federation code which is like a Highway Code for skiing. In addition, you must also comply with the local rules of the resort, such as wearing the appropriate head protection. If you do not and are injured or injure others, your insurance may not be valid.
All that aside, winter sports are fun and can be enjoyed safely. As well as medical support, a good quality travel insurance such as our Aston Lark travel policy, will also provide you with cover for:
- Competitive pricing to include winter sports cover
- Up to 17 days winter sports travel per policy period
- Up to £500 to repair or replace equipment if yours is lost, stolen or damaged during your trip and £300 to hire in equipment.
- If you have an accident or are ill, you can claim up to £300 for the value of any unused lift or resort passes
- Up to £300 if your pre-booked resort is closed due to a lack of snow
Click here for more information, including the cover terms and conditions. Please ensure you carefully choose the right level of activity cover.