There are numerous reasons why a high-value homeowner or one with an art or jewellery collection could benefit from using Aston Lark as their Private Client insurance broker.
This article looks at one of the things we can do – visit you at home.
What are the benefits of a home visit?
For larger properties or complex collections, reviewing the ‘risk’ in person via a personal visit can help in many ways:
- Reviewing your security. Many of the properties we visit do not have standard security and need to be specially referred to underwriters. In quite a few instances, we‘ve visited clients who have been under the misapprehension that their security was acceptable to their previous insurer.
- Securing additional discounts from underwriters. Insurers trust us to give them an accurate representation of their ‘risk’ and our expertise and experience mean that underwriters are more confident in providing lower rates. We’re also more confident in presenting your insurance needs to the insurer.
- Streamlining the claims process. If we’ve visited and produced a detailed report, we’re often able to streamline the claims process.
- Ensuring your sums insured are accurate. We can help find you an insurer that can pay for an independent buildings and/or contents appraisal (a professional buildings appraisal is different to a mortgage valuation), so you can be certain you are insured to full value. Many of our new clients have been underinsured for years and would not have been able to claim enough to put them back in a pre-claim position.
- Making sure we understand what’s important to you. We’ll sit down face-to-face with you so we understand what’s important to you. We can then properly tailor a policy to fit your needs.
Here are a few examples of the problems we encounter and then subsequently solve when visiting a new private client:
- Buildings and contents underinsured, sometimes significantly
- Outbuildings not insured, or not noted as being of ‘non-standard’ construction (and hence potentially not insured at all)
- Antiques insured as ‘contents’ (which is more expensive with less cover)
- Jewellery sums insured not taking into account a husband’s watches and cufflinks
- Sums insured not taking into account clothing, bikes and sports equipment
To arrange a home visit, please speak to your Aston Lark Account Handler.
If you’re not currently an Aston Lark client, or if you’re currently with another insurance broker and they haven’t offered to visit you at home, please contact us for an informal, no hard-sell chat.