Like any business, funeral directors should ensure their operations have been properly insured. As there are any number of problems that can hit a business, from the simple and obvious to the more complicated, a funeral director needs to know that their cover will come through. That is why our insurance packages have been designed purely for the funeral profession.
With our knowledge of the funeral profession, Aston Lark is the right choice for any funeral professional looking to source tailored insurance solutions that will provide cover that fits their needs. We are able to provide cover in three key areas:
Funeral Home Insurance
A catastrophe at your premises could spell disaster if you do not have the right cover in place. At Aston Lark, our policy provides the following additional covers to compliment your Buildings and Contents insurance:
- Ornate and gold leaf lettering cover (included as standard within the Glass section of the policy).
- Signs up to a maximum of £1,000 (other than neon signs).
- Cover for the deceased’s personal belongings whilst in your care.
- Cover for loss of Gross Revenue and Additional Costs of Working following a material damage loss.
- Employers Liability for £10m and Public/Products Liability for £5m (standard on our policy, although increasingly we are seeing more requests to increase cover to £5+m which we can offer upon request at a very competitive cost).
- All Risks cover anywhere in the UK, EU or Worldwide (available on request).
- Sections covered automatically include Money, Goods In Transit, and Legal Expenses.
- Cover for Headstones and Statues left in the open (loss of or damage to memorials, monuments, and statues left in the open at the premises).
Motor Fleet Insurance
You have invested time, money and effort in building up your fleet of vehicles. They are extremely valuable and are the shop window for your business. Aston Lark’s specialist Motor Fleet policy has a range of benefits that funeral directors will find invaluable, including:
- Loss of or Damage to your vehicle (includes Theft and Malicious/Accidental Damage).
- Legal Liability to Third Parties.
- Personal Belongings within a vehicle (up to a maximum of £1,000).
- Loss of Use, irrespective of fault, for Hearses, Limousines, and Private Ambulances. This allows you to hire a Hearse, Limousine or Private Ambulance for up to 75 days (cover is provided for up to £300 per day) whilst your damaged vehicle is being repaired - excluding the first 3 days immediately following the incident - up to a maximum of £50,000 any one incident.
- Uninsured Loss Recovery (this provides a legal service to recover any additional costs you incur should you be involved in a non-fault accident).
- We can also now provide GAP insurance.
Private Medical Insurance
Caring for your own health and well-being is a priority. We can arrange highly competitive private medical insurance from the most basic of cover to extensive health plans.
With access to a range of major insurance providers, we will find the policy that’s exactly right for you. We’ll do the hard work so you can focus on running your business, safe in the knowledge that you’ll be protected should anything go wrong.
You can also click here to view our brochure.