Getting cyber security and information protection right can be a challenge for all companies, no matter their size.
Cyber Risk insurance cover should be held by any business which:
- holds personal data (such as names, addresses, and banking information)
- electronically stores business-critical data
- is reliant on technology to conduct business
- has a website
- has an online bank account
- is subject to a payment card industry (PCI) merchant services agreement
With a comprehensive Cyber Risk policy in place, a business will be covered from both losses sustained by a breach as well as any liability for damages that may be claimed by a third party.
Cyber Risk insurance, also known as Cyber Liability insurance, is one of the fastest growing areas of cover as businesses become ever more reliant on technology